Thursday, April 17, 2014

Easterous!

The last long run before the Waterloo Marathon is in the bag, and while it may not have been the best idea to run 36km with a cold, I survived and have actually given myself quite an easy week to try to recover from having a head stuffed full of goo.

Here are some baby animals to try to eradicate that last mental image.

I'm feeling better, but still trying to take things easy to ensure I don't get worse again. Fortunately, it's a long weekend, so I can continue my theme of getting lots of sleep and not worrying too much about training.

Also: trying not to eat too much chocolate.

The weather has finally started to feel like spring, and I can hear the trails calling. It felt great getting out for a ride on my motorcycle last Sunday, too, so I may just have to do that again. I'm really looking forward to being able to spend some time with Tanker this weekend - training for long races has really eaten up our weekends since the fall, so I'm happy to have the opportunity to hang out with my best friend.

Though he may decline to be seen in public with me.

I hope all of you are able to get outside and breathe deeply of spring air full of new life after a long, harsh winter. Stay safe and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, have at me!